A B O U T U S
Motor Claims Image Engineer
Hours: Full Time (40 Hours per Week)
Salary: £28,000 per annum, dependent upon experience
Due to continued growth, we are seeking to expand our In-house Image Engineers Team with people with bodyshop experience – Panel Beaters, Painters and Mechanics – to assess damage and monitor the repair of our clients’ company vehicles. All you’ll need is extensive automotive experience, with the relevant qualifications, and a genuine desire to learn new skills and develop yourself. We have a proven track record of taking experienced bodyshop personnel and training them up to become successful, qualified Engineers.
Your role will be to authorise repair costs and methodology using industry data taking all aspects of the claim into consideration. You will take technical calls, produce inspection reports, and make total loss decisions whilst authorising supplementary estimates. You will engage with the network to develop a strong working relationship with maximum efficiency.
To ensure that all customers reporting an incident receive the very highest standards of customer service and that each vehicle incident is managed to a speedy and professional resolution.
- Authorise repairs using agreed repair methodology, ensuring that the safety of the driver and quality of the repair carried out are of highest priority.
- Ensure a full audit trail is available for all work carried out. This will include images of all work authorised and detailed notes recorded in the case log for any delays or issues.
- Prioritise all repair costs where the vehicle is off the road, and then in date order.
- Take calls on the Technical Helpdesk line, answering repairer and customer queries.
- Make decisions on potential total loss vehicles based on all case information.
- Understand the services provided to our clients, and what is and isn’t covered.
- Understand the Approved Repairer Agreement; understand what is expected of a repairer and what they have agreed to.
- Review query invoices for authorised repairs. Ensuring that the Operating Procedures are followed at all times.
- Monitor and authorise Supplementary estimates for authorised work.
- Obtain vehicle valuations
For further information about FMG please call Matthew Lees, HR Advisor on 08442 438 554 or alternatively refer to our website www.fmg.co.uk.
Alternatively, you can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to get the application process started.
Third Party Capture Handler
Job Title: Third Party Capture Handler
Department: Legal Services
Reports to: Team Leader
Salary: Circa 14,000 - 20,000 dependant upon experience
To maximise our capture opportunities through information gathering and selling our service to the third party, stearing them away from their own insurer or accident management provider.
What you need to do
- Deal with new TP capture tasks by making calls to third parties and promoting our services
- Make pro-active calls to clients or their drivers to capture information to assist with claim progression.
- Handle incoming calls from clients giving new instructions or asking for updates.
- Handle incoming calls from third parties relating to our repair and hire services and giving updates
- Make liability decisions and identify suitable captures
- Identify potential fraudulent claims by completing fraud checklist and referring to claims to Fraud Specialist
- Identify personal injury defence claims from third parties by asking questions relevant to these claims
- Keep clients updated with status of claims.
- Understand the effect of own activity on other areas of the business and takes action to maximise efficiency and return, supporting other business areas when required.
- Understand the part played in the attainment of business wide goals and objectives.Attend briefings/meetings with team, peers and others when required.
- Take an active role in team sharing best practice and providing support to colleagues.
- To adhere to Information Security measures, in order to ensure that all information, commercially sensitive or otherwise, is protected at all times.
Type of Person
Highly conscientious and self-motivated with strong questioning skills and good decision making. A strong team player, you will strive to ensure the achievement of personal goals as well as providing support to colleagues. Experience of telesales, sales, upselling are essential for this role.
As this role involves a significant amount of telephone and PC work, candidates are expected to be a confident user of both.
If you would like to progress your career with a successful, growing business, please send your CV and details to our HR Advisor, Matthew Lees, at email@example.com