A B O U T U S
Motor Claims Image Engineer
Hours: Full Time (40 Hours per Week)
Salary: £28,000 per annum, dependent upon experience
Due to continued growth, we are seeking to expand our In-house Image Engineers Team with people with bodyshop experience – Panel Beaters, Painters and Mechanics – to assess damage and monitor the repair of our clients’ company vehicles. All you’ll need is extensive automotive experience, with the relevant qualifications, and a genuine desire to learn new skills and develop yourself. We have a proven track record of taking experienced bodyshop personnel and training them up to become successful, qualified Engineers.
Your role will be to authorise repair costs and methodology using industry data taking all aspects of the claim into consideration. You will take technical calls, produce inspection reports, and make total loss decisions whilst authorising supplementary estimates. You will engage with the network to develop a strong working relationship with maximum efficiency.
To ensure that all customers reporting an incident receive the very highest standards of customer service and that each vehicle incident is managed to a speedy and professional resolution.
- Authorise repairs using agreed repair methodology, ensuring that the safety of the driver and quality of the repair carried out are of highest priority.
- Ensure a full audit trail is available for all work carried out. This will include images of all work authorised and detailed notes recorded in the case log for any delays or issues.
- Prioritise all repair costs where the vehicle is off the road, and then in date order.
- Take calls on the Technical Helpdesk line, answering repairer and customer queries.
- Make decisions on potential total loss vehicles based on all case information.
- Understand the services provided to our clients, and what is and isn’t covered.
- Understand the Approved Repairer Agreement; understand what is expected of a repairer and what they have agreed to.
- Review query invoices for authorised repairs. Ensuring that the Operating Procedures are followed at all times.
- Monitor and authorise Supplementary estimates for authorised work.
- Obtain vehicle valuations
For further information about FMG please call Matthew Lees, HR Advisor on 08442 438 554 or alternatively refer to our website www.fmg.co.uk.
Alternatively, you can send your CV to email@example.com to get the application process started.